What is Turmeric?
A compulsory spice in most North Indian kitchens, turmeric is a staple in every Indian household. It is used since ancient times due to the medicinal properties it has. Turmeric is said to help one deal with stomach issues, metabolic disorders, obesity, and many more problems.
Read on to know how turmeric can help one lose weight.
Turmeric for weight loss
This spice contains an active ingredient in it called “curcumin.” Curcumin has a positive influence on weight loss because of all the following ways that it improves a person’s health:
Reasons that make it an amazing spice for weight loss:
- Turmeric has certain anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the inflammation in the body, which is one of the factors causing obesity.
- Curcumin, an antioxidant, suppresses the inflammatory condition in fat, pancreatic and muscle cells. According to a study published in the European Journal of Nutrition, this can help reduce high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar and other metabolic conditions.
- Another benefit that turmeric has on weight loss is through its natural cleansing ability. When it is taken daily, it aids in flushing out toxins that have built up in the liver. And since the liver plays an important role in metabolizing fats, it can help increase the chances of weight loss when it is able to function at its best.
- Another way in which turmeric helps in losing weight by regulating sugar levels and further preventing insulin resistance. This results in excess fat that is not retained in the body.
- Safe consumption of turmeric increases the bile production present in the stomach. Bile is a digestive juice that helps in emulsifying fat and metabolism.
- Reducing New Blood Vessel Formation. Research has shown that when someone gains weight, the body responds by increasing blood vessel growth in the area to allow for fat expansion. Studies done on animals in laboratories have shown that if turmeric is taken, it can help to prevent the formation of the new blood vessels though, so weight gain becomes more difficult. It does not harm any of the existing arteries or blood vessels.
Turmeric is especially effective when mixed with forskolin. What is forskolin? Forskolin is a plant supplement derived from the root of a member of the mint family known as the Indian coleus that grows in Thailand, Nepal, and parts of India. While forskolin has long been used in folk medicine for asthma treatment and various other ailments, it is marketed nowadays, as a weight loss supplement.
Turmeric + Forskolin offers a unique and innovative holistic approach for reducing weight and improving overall health.